Morneau Shepell’s Traumatic Event Support services support hundreds of organizations of all sizes across all industries. We respond more effectively and faster to traumatic events because we have the most comprehensive network of counsellors in the industry. When trauma occurs, you need reliable, experienced, and professional support quickly to manage the issues people are facing in a caring and effective manner.
Unmatched ability to respond.
Morneau Shepell’s trauma team has provided invaluable assistance after traumatic events like 911, natural disasters like Haiti’s earthquake, flooding and fires, and accidents in the workplace. Morneau Shepell is your trusted partner, guiding your organization through the aftermath of a traumatic event. Being prepared will provide you with peace of mind, faster resolution, and highlight your commitment to the health and well-being of your employees.
Traumatic events can include:
- Accidents, death, and suicide
- Downsizing and individual terminations
- Workplace violence including robbery and harassment
- Natural disaster or catastrophic events
- Serious illness, mental health crisis, and performance issues that impact one to many
Our unique trauma support
Morneau Shepell’s Traumatic Event Support Team will provide your organization with:
- An Immediate Support Consultation, our detailed initial assessment of the situation.
- The development of an action plan for service delivery based on the professional recommendations, needs, and wants of your organization, often including:
On-site meetings designed to normalize reactions and minimize post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) for those impacted by the event
Trauma counselling for those requiring additional support, with multiple location capabilities, and innovative counselling service delivery
Training in stress management and traumatic event response protocols
Disaster planning consultation
Assisting in the establishment of peer teams, including the selection, interviewing, and training of peer candidates and promotional awareness of peer systems
Post-service delivery consultation featuring client feedback
Prepare in advance by contacting us 1.855.369.9476.
If you are a client employee in need of assistance contact us.