Information We Collect
Morneau Shepell may collect:
- Personal information, such as contact, employment or health information you provide to register and use our Apps; and
- Technical information, such as data about your usage of an App (e.g., crash logs), data about your device (device type, operating system etc.) and its interaction with an App, and device geolocation information.
How We Use Your Information
Morneau Shepell may use information collected through our Apps to:
- Complete registrations, transactions or services requested through our Apps;
- Contact you in connection with services or inquiries requested through our Apps;
- Keep you posted on latest announcements and offerings;
- Personalize the content and features of our Apps;
- Review the quality of our Apps, and improve their functionality;
- Develop products and services, including new Apps and features;
- Create de-identified information for data analytics and other purposes;
- Generate and share anonymized analytics and industry benchmarking; and
- Comply with laws and regulations and lawful requests or orders.
As a global organization, Morneau Shepell and our third-party service providers process and store personal information in various countries around the world. We only keep your information as long as it is contractually, operationally or legally necessary. When we no longer need the information, it is either destroyed or made anonymous.
You may access, modify or delete your personal information by logging into our Apps using your username and password and visiting your account settings. You may opt-out of all future collection of information by Morneau Shepell by uninstalling our App from your mobile device.
- Notifications and location data. When you access our Apps, you may be asked whether you will allow us to access your location while you are not using the App and/or whether you would like to receive notifications on your device. If you click “allow”, you can later opt-out by updating the privacy settings on your device or in the App itself. If you block the use of location information, some parts of our Apps may not function properly.
- Information on your device. The ability to collect certain personal information is controlled by your device settings (e.g., access to contacts, photos). If you choose not to allow this access, some services may not operate effectively. Refer to the documentation for your device regarding how to allow or block the collection of certain device information.
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy or Morneau Shepell’s handling of your personal information, or if you want to make a complaint, please communicate in writing with our Privacy Officer at:
By regular mail: Privacy Officer
Morneau Shepell Ltd.
895 Don Mills Road
Tower One, Suite 700
Toronto, ON M3C 1W3
By electronic mail: email@example.com
Please note that we may need to confirm your identity, request additional details and work with other Morneau Shepell departments to respond to you or to look into your concerns or complaint.
We may modify this notice from time to time and will post the most current version online.
Last updated: March 2020