Morneau Shepell’s Asset & Risk Management practice helps clients achieve their long-term strategic investment and risk management goals. We offer a full range of solutions, from helping with strategy development and conducting investment manager searches, to providing turn-key implemented investment solutions where we manage funds on behalf of our clients. Whatever approach is taken, we help clients achieve better investment outcomes while minimizing risk.
Our investment consulting approach
Our expertise spans across all aspects of your investment needs, and we take a unique approach to ensure full alignment of your investments with your overall needs and strategy
We listen to you to understand your situation, expected outcomes, and risk tolerances. We analyze fund structure and map them to your objectives.
We provide a review, including fund governance, and oversight of ongoing performance evaluation.
Since we start by listening, we are better able to partner with you to develop a strategy that is right for you, including:
- Investment education for fund fiduciaries
- Asset-liability and asset optimization studies
- Asset allocation—traditional asset classes, alternative asset classes, passive, active, and opportunistic
- Customized portfolio solutions
Morneau Shepell consultants conduct investment manager searches for traditional and alternative assets, manage transitions, and develop and review investment policies.
Investment consulting services
We offer a full range of investment consulting services to a diverse clientele, including:
- Defined benefit and defined contribution pension plans
- Endowments and foundations
- Workers' compensation
- First Nations groups
- Discretionary and other institutional funds