Morneau Shepell is the leading provider of technology-enabled HR services that deliver an integrated approach to employee well-being through our cloud-based platform. Our focus is providing world-class solutions to our clients to support the mental, physical, social and financial well-being of their people. By improving lives, we improve business. Our approach spans services in employee and family assistance, health and wellness, recognition, pension and benefits administration, retirement consulting, actuarial and investment services. Morneau Shepell employs approximately 6,000 employees who work with some 24,000 client organizations that use our services in 162 countries. Morneau Shepell is a publicly traded company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: MSI).
To optimize the health and productivity of people – the heart of every successful organization
We value long-term relationships
We treat others the way we want to be treated
We are innovative and entrepreneurial
Morneau Shepell has been a leading provider of human resources consulting and outsourcing services for 50 years.
With our focus on innovative solutions, we deliver human resources and workplace health and productivity solutions that help clients across North America better manage their costs and enhance the strength of their organizations.
Here are some milestones in the company’s history:
- Morneau Shepell acquires MorningStar Health.
- Morneau Shepell acquires Mercer’s stand-alone, large market, health and defined benefit pension plan administration business in the United States.
- Morneau Shepell acquires LifeWorks.
- Morneau Shepell acquires Chestnut Global Partners.
- Morneau Shepell acquires Pro Health Group.
- Morneau Shepell acquires Longpré.
- Morneau Shepell acquires Solareh.
- Morneau Shepell celebrates 50-year anniversary on July 7, 2016.
- Morneau Shepell acquires Bensinger, DuPont & Associates.
- Morneau Shepell acquires the U.S. health and welfare benefits administration business of Ceridian.
- Morneau Shepell acquires Blue Balloon Health Services.
- Morneau Shepell acquires Pacific Risk Management Corp. (PRM).
- Morneau Shepell acquires Groupe AST from ADP Canada.
- Morneau Shepell Inc. acquires Collage Pediatric Therapy.
- Morneau Shepell Inc. acquires Dion Durrell’s workers’ compensation business.
- Morneau Shepell Inc. acquires the Canadian pension and benefits administration practice of Mercer Canada.
- Morneau Shepell Inc. acquires SBC Systems to enhance Benefits Administration platform.
- Morneau Shepell Inc. acquires Jacques Lamarre & Associates (JLA) to expand Employee Assistance Program presence in Quebec.
- Morneau Shepell Inc. ("Morneau Shepell") has completed the reorganization of Morneau Sobeco Income Fund from an income trust structure into a public corporation named Morneau Shepell Inc.
- Morneau Sobeco Income Fund becomes a major player in workplace health and productivity solutions with its acquisition of Shepell·fgi.
- MSIF adds further depth in western Canada by acquiring the actuarial firm of Leong & Associates.
- MSIF enhances its Ontario presence by acquiring the defined benefit pension business of Cowan Benefits Consulting.
- MSIF expands its western Canada presence by acquiring Heath Benefits Consulting
- The firm becomes an income trust: Morneau Sobeco Income Fund (MSIF).
- Morneau acquires the Canadian pension consulting practice of Deloitte & Touche.
- W.F. Morneau & Associates and Sobeco merge to form Morneau Sobeco.
- Morneau launches its administrative outsourcing practice.
- Morneau forms a strategic alliance with Coopers & Lybrand and absorbs its pension consulting and actuarial business.
- Morneau opens its first US office.
- W.F. Morneau & Associates ("Morneau") is established.