International Student Support Program
Morneau Shepell provides international students with accessible and culturally-appropriate support that complements on-campus resources. Our International Student Support Program (ISSP) is built on our unique Expatriate EAP approach, experience, and worldwide counselor network. We support international students, in their native language and cultural context, to help them resolve mental and physical health concerns, culture shock, adaptation to life in the US, and much more. Healthy students perform better and remain enrolled in higher education.
We also support the parents of international students, in their native language and cultural context, to help them understand the experience their children will have in the US, improve communication, manage change, and resolve mental health issues.
Features of our International Student Support Program
- High-touch, dedicated account management
- 24/7 live answer intake and assessment, and instant online support for both international students and their parents
- Master's level counselors who speak the native language are available for both immediate and ongoing support, and experienced in cross-cultural dimensions and the unique challenges faced by youth living and studying abroad
- Immediate translation service supporting 200+ languages
- Cultural sensitivity and flexibility in program delivery