Morneau Shepell is committed to providing services in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. The organization strives to ensure that people with disabilities are able to receive accessible services.
Multiple delivery channels and formats
Morneau Shepell delivers services through different channels and in different formats, including:
- First Chat
- Phone & TTY (Text Telephone)
- Our call centres, three for EFAP and three for Pension & Benefits, use TTY (Text Telephone).
- Our call centres can handle calls in English, French and Spanish, and the Language Line supports up to 154 additional languages.
- Print & text based information
The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) is a law that was passed by the Province of Ontario which allows the government to develop and enforce specific standards for accessibility. The standards are intended to achieve accessibility for people with disabilities in the areas of customer service, transportation, the built environment, information and communication, and employment.
The Customer Service Regulation establishes accessibility standards for the provision of goods and services and applies to private sector organizations as of January 1, 2012. Morneau Shepell’s Policies, Practices and Procedures for Accessible Service document outlines the organization’s approach to accessible customer service for clients in Ontario. The document is also available upon request by:
Mail: Accessibility Officer
895 Don Mills Rd, Tower One, Suite 700
Toronto, Ontario M3C 1W3
Accessibility and AODA related services
Morneau Shepell has a diverse range of services to assist clients in making their organizations more accessible and in meeting the accessibility policies and procedures requirements under the AODA.
- Our consultants in our Employee and Family Assistance Programs’ (EFAPs) have expertise in Human Rights Legislation, Occupational Health Legislation, and Workplace Harassment and can review client policies or work with clients to develop them.
- Our workplace training offers self-paced online training designed to help employers meet legal obligations and help employees feel more confident in serving customers and clients with disabilities.
- Our Attendance and Disability Management Services offer support for people leaders and employees and include consulting, ergonomics, claims management, accommodation, and return to work.