Managing employee absence and disability strategically
Our research shows that most organizations see absenteeism as a significant cost, but there’s still a common misconception that nothing can be done about the problem.
Absence is seen as a “medical issue” – not a reflection of organizational culture or policies. People leaders are often too busy to address it strategically, and with their reliance on outdated systems, it’s impossible to accurately calculate the real cost of absence or proactively intervene on behalf of employees in need.
Integrated, real-time management
Morneau Shepell’s industry leading technology platform gives employers the data and resources they need for real-time tracking and management across all areas of employee absence – casual absence, disability leave, and workers’ compensation.
Our integrated, proactive approach to planning, policy design and case management delivers measurable outcomes that benefit all stakeholders: plan sponsors, people leaders, and employees. Our results speak for themselves:
- 4.7:1 ROI across all absence and disability programs
- Up to 40% reduction in administration
- 90% satisfaction rates with client people leaders and employees
Abiliti: Absence & Disability Software Suite
InfluenceCare: Program Optimization
Industry-leading software: Abiliti
- The backbone of Morneau Shepell’s award-winning Absence and Disability practice
Modules for absence reporting, incident reporting, and case management
Available individually, as a SaaS (software as a service), or as an integrated absence management solution
Integrated, strategic approach
- Seamless integration of absence reporting, disability, workers’ compensation, and employee assistance programs
- Case management linked to measurable organizational goals
- Trends, reporting and insights to evaluate and inform your strategy
Breadth of experience and resources
- Extensive team including case managers, physicians, nurses, return–to-work coordinators, rehabilitation specialists, and mental health practitioners
- Risk/gap analysis
- Complex case resolution
Certified case management
- More than 500 full time case managers
- Full Case Management and Advice to Pay levels of service available across all areas of Absence and Disability: Intermittent Absence, Accommodation, Short Term Disability (STD), Long Term Disability (LTD) and Workers Compensation)
- Mental Health and Workplace Interventions
- University-certified training endorsed by the National Institute of Disability Management and Research
- Proactive, high-touch, best-practice approach with supportive care proven to accelerate recovery and return to work timelines
Professional policy and plan design
- Advisory and governance consulting to ensure legislative compliance and industry best practices
- Monitoring of legal and compliance changes in every provincial jurisdiction to help keep you informed
Discuss how you can get better results and manage absence and disability.